For Parents' Evenings, we use an online platform through which you can book appointments and ‘meet’ with teachers. The system allows you to choose your own appointment times with the teachers you would like to see. The appointments will be conducted via a video link which will require the use of a smartphone or another webcam and microphone enabled device.
To book your appointments please click on the following link:
Below is a video from Schoolcloud as well as a quick start guide showing the process, from booking appointments to taking part in video calls with teachers.
Protocol for Virtual Parents’ Evenings
As virtual parents’ evenings are new to us, we thought it important to establish some ground rules so that all participants are following the same protocol which should ensure everyone’s wellbeing.
- Conversations should take place in appropriate rooms eg. kitchen, lounge, study.
- No conversations should be recorded.
- Both teachers and parents have the choice of using audio or video.
- As in real life, your son/daughter is welcome to attend.
- Please try to be on time as the slot times are not flexible at all and will start/finish exactly on time.
- You can login 10 minutes before your first appointment to allow you to test your video and audio.
- The first 30 seconds of each conversation allows for a short break for the teacher who will initiate the conversation at some point when they are ready during this time.
Tips for troubleshooting
- Staff laptops have been checked so we hope all is well at our end.
- There is a SchoolCloud Guide on our school website (www.bredon.worcs.sch.uk à Parents/Carers tab at top of page à Parents’ Evenings).
- Make sure your camera and microphone and volume are fully enabled in your settings and that you have allowed the system to access them.
- If one party loses connection please just wait whilst they log in again – you should be able to resume.
- If there is a sound/display issue try clicking the microphone/camera icon off and on again.
- If there is still an issue try logging off and logging on again or try another device.
- We cannot do any more on the night so please forgive us in case of a technical hitch. If you miss a conversation, the teacher will email you in the next couple of days.
Below are some troubleshooting and help guides if you come across issues using the system