Year 8 Students – One hour four times a week.
- To read for sixty minutes a day.
- To research, make notes and produce a mind-map of specific Shakespeare play using the following links. Mrs Oakley’s 8Y ‘The Tempest’ https://www.rsc.org.uk/the-tempest/ , Mr Timpson’s group ‘Twelfth Night’ https://www.rsc.org.uk/twelfth-night/ , Mrs Bartlett, Mrs Parkinson and Mrs Matthews’ groups ‘The Merchant of Venice’ https://www.rsc.org.uk/the-merchant-of-venice/ .
Mrs Merrick’s group to research the life of Michael Morpurgo https://www.michaelmorpurgo.com/ and background to World War 1 and life in Britain https://www.iwm.org.uk/learning/lives-of-the-first-world-war-the-british-home-front-0
- To create a leaflet showing the characters, plot and ideas presented in the play/novel to teach Year 7 about one Shakespeare play in detail. Mrs Merrick’s group to do the same about Morpurgo and World War 2.
- To create a reading journal page for a chapter read from a novel or based on a non-fiction article they have read.
- To revise knowledge using https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z3kw2hv
- Freewriting for twenty to thirty minutes.
Year 8: To read 'The War of the Worlds' https://www.gutenberg.org/files/36/36-h/36-h.htm and/or 'Moby Dick' https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2701/2701-h/2701-h.htm and /or 'Emma'